Dependable Automatic Closings for Protection
Protect property by limiting damage in case of fire. Make a building safer to occupy. Close an opening in a fire wall.
In order to limit damage caused by fire, The Cookson Company, Inc. recommends that all fire doors be actuated by smoke detectors or building alarm systems. Cookson’s Auto-Test™ Fire Door Products Systems have been specifically designed for smoke detector or building alarm actuation.
- Governor controls automatic closing speed to 9″ to 12” per second for Auto-Test chain, crank, and motor and Simple-Test chain and crank operated doors
- Oil tempered torsion springs designed for 50,000 life cycles
- Structural Angle Guides and Bottom Bar make doors less vulnerable to damage that could prevent the doors from fully closing
- Available for 4 hour, 3 hour, 1-1/2 hour and 3/4 hour ratings
- Approved for all wall types (concrete, masonry, structural steel, structural steel with gypsum board)
- Auto-Test Doors automatically reset to normal operation upon clearing of alarm signal and/or restoration of power
- Simple-Test Doors are reset by replacing the fuselink
- Auto-Test and Simple-Test Doors do not release spring tension upon activation
- Testing doors in fully closed position will not damage mechanisms
- FinalCote Finish Standard. ColorCote, Custom ColorCote and Stainless Steel finish available