Committed to Your Peace of Mind
We complete every equipment inspection in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) so you will meet every regulatory requirement. Just like getting an oil change on your car, regular inspection and maintenance help you avoid costly breakdowns in the future.
Our complete operational inspection of all functions and safety devices includes:
- Detailed visual inspection of load hooks, load chain, and wire rope
- Operational testing to determine possible internal gear problems
- Checking all oil levels in gearboxes
- Removing covers to check brakes, electrical contacts, etc
- Performing minor adjustments where required
- Complete visual inspection of each unit with a detailed written description of any problem areas
- Inspection of all structural steel stress points on cranes and runway systems
- Issuing an Inspection Certificate approved by the Department of Labour
- All work performed in accordance with OHSA Section 1010.179 and related to Section 51, for certifying any lifting device at least once per year
Choosing a Preventative Maintenance package with O’Brien Lifting Solutions allows you to tap into our service expertise, remain compliant with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and have regular service intervals tailor-made to your crane usage, duty classification, and equipment specifications, and operating environment.