Rolling Steel Doors: Low Maintenance Commercial Roll Up Doors
Rolling steel doors (also known as commercial roll up doors) are metal slatted that roll up to store in coil above the opening. They are used to provide security against entry or weather protection at exterior and interior openings in industrial, commercial, institutional and other buildings.
These commercial roll up doors sustain high wind loads and can be operated by either hand crank, chain or motors.
Rolling steel doors are also called overhead coiling doors, service doors or commercial roll up doors.
Also see fire steel roll up door.
- Design flexibility: Door orders are built to fit your opening size, operation and option preferences
- Space saving: Coiling doors roll upward and store in a tight coil above the opening for fuller use of the interior space
- Low life cycle cost: Rugged construction and quality materials assure long life and less costly maintenance
- Usage: Standard construction for coiling doors is up to 20 cycles per day. High cycle construction doors are available when a door operates more than 20 cycles per day, i.e., parking garages, sally ports
- Wind load: Cornell coiling doors can be configured to withstand the full range of specific wind load requirements including missile impact ratings
- Materials and finishes: Standard door curtains are available in 24, 22, 20 and 18 gauge galvanized steel with exclusive GalvaNex™ finish in light gray or tan
- Also 20 gauge 300 series stainless steel with #4 finish or #16 B&S gauge aluminum with mill, clear or color anodized finish. SpectraShield® powder coating optional