The choice of hoists for your application can be a bit tricky. First, you need to know what type of hoist you need – electric hoists, manual hoist, or air hoist. Check out our blog about choosing the right hoist type to learn more about the different types of hoists available for you.
While manual hoists are often considered the least expensive option, there are many cost-effective electric hoist options that can save you money over time with their advanced lifting capabilities. So don’t rule out electric hoists due to cost alone!
Assuming you’re choosing an electric hoist, how do you know which is best for your needs? This article will walk you through your choices, and provide a little information on the wide selection of electric hoists O’Brien carries for your projects – big or small.
Why Choose Electric Hoists?
An electric hoist can provide precision lifting and are ideal for lifting heavier loads without straining the operator. They can be built to provide different lifting speeds (slow and fast) and carry varying load weights. The right electric hoist can help improve your productivity, help prevent workplace injuries and save time.
The challenge with an electric hoist is that if you move loads too quickly or frequently, or lift loads that are too heavy for the motor, the system can overheat, wear down or fail.
So, it’s critical you choose the right electric hoist for your application.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Your Electric Hoist
Like any hoist choice, when choosing an electric hoist, you’ll need to consider:
- Lift capacity – how much weight you will need, how frequently and quickly you need to lift it.
- Suspension type – whether your electric hoist will be hook mounted, lug mounted, or trolly mounted.
- Required Duty Class – based on American Society of Engineers (ASME) and Hoist Manufacturers Institute (HMI) standards
- Power source
The experts at O’Brien Lifting Solutions can help make your choice simple, by walking you through your options, and even visiting your site if needed to provide guidance and advice.
O’Brien: A Wide Range of Electric Hoists to Suit Almost Any Application
O’Brien has teamed up with top hoist manufacturers Street Crane and Kito Canada to offer an almost unparalleled choice in electric hoist.
For precision lifting, reliability, and durability, check out O’Brien’s offering of electric chain hoists. Our lineup includes:
- Street LX Chain Hoist – designed for bridge crane or jib crane applications, these electric hoists are ideal for lifting lighter loads frequently.
- Kito Single Phase Electric Chain Hoists – these small but mighty electric hoists plug into standard 115V sockets to deliver industrial power on household voltage.
- Kito Three Phase Electric Chain Hoists – whether you need a clean working lift for food manufacturing or pharmaceutical operations, a heavy-duty electric hoist designed to work in harsh environments (inside or out), or quiet power to reduce workplace noise, the Kito line-up of electric chain hoists has the right application for your workspace.
For even heavier lifting, O’Brien also offers electric wire rope hoists including the Street ZX Wire Rope Electric Hoist which sets the benchmark for quality in the industry, the Street VX Electric Wire Rope Hoist for heavy-duty lifting, and the Kito RY Wire Rope Electric Hoist featuring an ultra-low headroom design, an H4 duty rating for high-demand applications, and the ultimate lifting and lowering accuracy.
Need Top Electric Hoist Performance? O’Brien Has the Right Hoist For You
You can count on O’Brien for reliable, high-performance electric hoists. At O’Brien, we offer the world’s most comprehensive range of advanced hoists. Talk to our experts to find the right hoist for your application and price range. We also offer 24/7 service, so if your crane, commercial door, or hoist breaks down, we can be there to fix it quickly. We carry a huge parts inventory to get you up and running FAST. For hoist sales or service, contact O’Brien today at 1-866-706-1203.